Tree Consultancy (providing formal, professional tree advice) is a growing profession due to a developing socio / legal context (in which tree owner's responsibilities and liabilities have become more clearly defined as a “Duty Of Care”), environmental concerns and the resulting appreciation of the need to enhance natural diversity in every landscape.
Whatever the responsibilities that tree owners now have, tree consultancy should deal with them but the advice and resulting tree reports, should go significantly further in order to deliver a range of valuable and interesting insights into trees.
The companies listed on www.TreeConsultancy.com have all satisfied the membership requirements of organisations who formally validate, accredit and approve tree consultants, for your peace of mind.
Those qualifying organisations and their respective qualifications include:
- The Consulting Arborist Society (CAS) Professional Members
- The Arboricultural Association (AA) Registered Consultants
- The Institute of Chartered Foresters Member (ICF) Professional Members
- The Institute of Chartered Foresters Registered Consultants (ICF) Registered Consultants
- The American Society of Consulting Arborists (ASCA) Registered Consultants
- Accreditation of Prior Learning (the APL peer review option)
For established Tree Consultants and Consulting Arborists who have not become professional members of these organisations www.TreeConsultancy.com can refer you to somebody qualified to perform peer review.
We hope to hear from any other organisations who believe that their members should pre-qualify for a listing on www.TreeConsultancy.com.
While the individuals listed all demonstrated the pre-qualifying levels of professional tree knowledge to achieve professional level membership of the organisations listed above, we advise that you satisfy yourself as to the professional standing of the company and view a copy of their Professional Indemnity insurance prior to instructing them to conduct a tree assessment or provide Arboricultural representation to you.